Application Support US Team Lead
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
Purpose of Role:
The Application Support US Team Leader is responsible for smooth operations of all front-office and post-trade applications including trade capture, market data, settlement and clearing systems and their associated client applications, including overnight risk calculation systems and the business systems used by control and support departments. The role involves leading the Application Support team in the US region and is ultimately responsible for maintaining and optimising standards across all applications supported within the team, whilst maintaining compliance with the technology governance framework.
• Manage the US based team for first, second, and third line support of all trading and back-office platforms covering all asset classes
• Identify areas of improvement and works closely with the Application Support Manager
• Oversee the technical onboarding aspects for new clients
• Responsible for incident management and participate in change control
• Act as liaison between IT department and Compliance/Legal group to ensure all trading and back office technology and market data requirements are met
• Ensure an automated mindset in removing manual tasks
• Working closely with electronic sales teams in a technical pre-sales capacity
• Ensure all systems and procedures are fully documented, including environment schematics
• Support, manage and maintain a FIX order flow offering for strategy based institutional based clients
• Carry out annual appraisals with the Application Support Manager for members within the team
• Ensure that all systems are included in annual BCP testing with accompanying documentation produced and maintained
• Conduct analysis for new systems and technologies and produce New Systems Proposals
• Assist with growth and development of the Application Support team, including performance management, training, and mentoring/coaching, along with involvement in recruiting efforts for open positions on the team.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience preferred
• Excellent working knowledge of derivative markets and electronic trading technologies used to access the relevant markets
• Excellent knowledge (5 yrs+) of market connectivity protocols for key global derivative, commodity, cash and equity markets
• Knowledge and expertise in high Frequency trading platforms
• Ability to work collaboratively with other teams
• Experience in technical client on-boarding of new API’s & systems
• Proven ability to show a pro-activeness in picking up issues and improving existing processes
Oversee projects and ensure that delivery is executed efficiently and accurately
• Process-driven and systematic
• Excellent communication and organisation skills
• Ability to manage a team in an environment with changing expectations from the business and regulatory perspective
• Ability to work under demanding conditions with a calm demeanour
• Ability to work shifts patterns (if required)
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.