Marex is a technology-enabled provider of essential liquidity and associated market infrastructure to participants in global energy, metals, agricultural and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across five core services: Market Making, Execution and Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 38 million trades and clearing over 193 million contracts in 2021. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 21 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,100 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
You will be responsible for the preparation, input, and reconciliation of EMEA and APAC payrolls and assist with UK payrolls, as and when required. Ensure compliance with local regulatory and tax authorities and year-end reporting. Ensure all internal controls and process are followed and suggest process improvements. The role will work closely with Global Payroll Manager, Global Payroll advisor, Compensation & Benefits Manager as well as the wider HR team.
• Responsible for the timely preparation of all payrolls in France, Singapore, Hong Kong, Norway, Germany, Canada, Ireland, Australia and Netherlands.
• Assist in the preparation of the UK payrolls as and when required.
• Liaising with external payroll providers to ensure speedy resolution of issues and continuous improvement.
• First point of contact for employee questions about their pay.
• Maintain payroll processing system and records.
• Ensure that correct payments, reports and returns are made to tax authorities across EMEA, APAC.
• Key role in projects to streamline/automate the payroll processes by identifying improvements and implementing changes.
• Assist with the new HRIS and Payroll Transformation projects.
• Provide expert advice on payroll related matters.
• Other ad-hoc projects.
Skills and Experience Required
• At least 10 to 15 years’ experience in running payrolls across multiple jurisdictions.
• Self-starter with enthusiasm to get hands on involvement.
• Numerate with good analytical and communication skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
• Engaging individual with the willingness to learn different products and different functions
• Ability to manage time and multiple projects, meet deadlines and prioritise effectively.
• Ability to build trust and effectively network both internally and externally.
• Ability to communicate and explain complex issues clearly.
• Advanced MS Excel Skills
• Analytical mind set
• Demonstrable skills covering end to end payroll processing across multiple countries in EMEA, APAC and UK.
• Highly experienced in processing payrolls in a fast-paced environment, where new challenges are there to be overcome.
• Proven experience of administering outsourced and in-house payrolls across EMEA, APAC and UK. Experience of working with IRIS FMP Global would be advantageous.
• Experience with setting up new branch office payrolls and onboarding teams following acquisitions.
• Good working knowledge of project methodologies and experience of working on multiple payroll related projects.
• Strong working knowledge of Payroll/HR systems such as Payrite, Sage People, ADP Celergo. Knowledge of ADP WorkforceNow advantageous but not essential.