COO Metals Division
Marex is an essential tech-enabled liquidity hub, connecting clients to global energy, metals, agriculture and financial markets. Across our businesses we provide critical high value-add services in Market Making, Commercial Hedging, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. Headquartered in London, we have 18 offices worldwide with over 1,000 employees across Europe, Asia and North America.
Purpose of the role:
Working directly with the President of Marex, you will be responsible for helping interpret and present business ideas to management. Responsible for supporting the President with data and commentary for Board committee meetings. You will bring strong business acumen and be experienced in the working of Asian markets to succeed in this role.
- Help to deliver a business plan with input from key stakeholders
- Support of client facing operations
- Ensure the sustainability and scalability of the business
- Collaborate with the President to drive organizational vision and strategy
- Develop and execute short terms plans as well as longer term strategic developments
- Manage the day-to-day activities across the support teams
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders to ensure the business has an effective control architecture to fulfil its obligations to the company and to regulators
- Help drive the technology development of the business to improve controls, reduce the cost of manufacturing and improve the client experience
- Design and implement management information to effectively monitor and steer the business
- Develop strong relationships across the businesses and support areas to improve the interaction across all parts of the Global business.
Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of the brokerage business
- Detailed understanding of how Asian markets operate.
- Good experience of change and project management methodologies
- Quick to assess business activities and processes and identify gaps and scope for development or enhancement
- Excellent planning, co-ordination, and organisation skills
- The ability to influence senior management and demonstrate the Marex behaviours and values
- Relationship and stakeholder management skills, gaining an understanding of other functions
- Works with other teams in an open and collaborative way
- Strong capability to produce, maintain and analyse management information and business intelligence
- Experienced in working with and influencing external suppliers
- Mandarin speaker (desired)