Assistant Director of Compliance
Marex Spectron are a market-leading commodity broking company with a thriving Chicago office.
The last few years have seen our organisation grow rapidly in terms of both size and complexity. We’ve acquired businesses, opened offices in new locations, joined new exchanges, added new products and asset classes, all within an ever changing regulatory environment against a background of geopolitical instability.
The Assistant Director of Compliance assists the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) in overseeing Compliance functions of firm to ensure its affiliates and customers are conducting business in full compliance of industry rules and regulations by reviewing and monitoring processes and promoting best practices. The Assistant Director of Compliance focuses on manging the new accounts department as well as operational and regulatory aspects of introducing brokers (guaranteed and independent) relationships with the firm.
• Provide support to various departments at the firm on all regulatory audits.
• Directly manage the Compliance and New Accounts team; responsible for recruiting, developing, retaining talent within the team.
• Onboard new Introducing Brokers (IB) registration with the NFA.
• Manage the Guaranteed IB audit program in its entirety.
• Monitor, review and approve Guaranteed IB promotional material.
• Maintain and manage Guaranteed IB, AP, and employee annual training (i.e. Anti-Money Laundering, Cybersecurity, Ethics, Customer Protection).
• Own the bi-annual website and social media review of all Marex North America APs and Guaranteed IBs.
• Perform general anti-money laundering reviews, review various reports for suspicious cash transactions, which may entail working closely with the London team.
• Complete annual foreign bank and Foreign IB special due diligence.
• File suspicious activity reports under direction of Anti-Money Laundering Officer and/or CCO.
• Review monthly error accounts of the firm’s brokers and traders.
• Conduct daily discretionary account reviews for accounts with 250+ trade quantity, as well as monthly Commission to Equity Ratio reviews.
• Manage the customer static data portion of Peoplesoft (PS) and XTP, our back-office system provider.
• Liaise with PS and XTP Developers in firm requirements and improvements within each system.
• Facilitate the maintenance of CFTC Ownership Control & Reporting (OCR) data.
• Lead and manage departmental projects as necessary.
Skills and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field
• 5+ years of similar experience in Futures Commission Merchant setting
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 3+ years of direct management experience
• Experience in PeopleSoft, XTP and NFA’s online registration system (ORS) preferred
If this sounds like a fitting next step, we’d love to hear from you.
Marex Financial Limited (the “Company”) is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and, as such, at all times during your employment you are required to comply with any applicable rules or standards imposed by the Financial Conduct Authority applicable to your role. You must ensure that you complete any and all Compliance training required of you by the Company and abide by the Company’s Compliance policy at all times. You are also required to cooperate with any procedures or requirements put in place by the Company from time to time to enable it to access and monitor your fitness and propriety on an on-going basis.