Product UX Designer
Marex is a technology-enabled provider of essential liquidity and associated market infrastructure to participants in global energy, metals, agricultural and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across five core services: Market Making, Execution and Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 38 million trades and clearing over 193 million contracts in 2021. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 21 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,100 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
Designers at Marex shape the entire customer experience across all digital touchpoints. The Design Team is growing and is looking for a talented UX Designer to bring empathy to problem solving, and craft compelling digital experiences for our clients and employees.
It’s a great time to join our ambitious team and get involved with a business that is focused, humancentred and a really great place to work. You’ll be encouraged to share your ideas, try new things, and take ownership of your own development.
As a Designer you’ll be responsible for creating appealing and cohesive experiences across several digital touchpoints to increase user satisfaction and productivity, whilst supporting the commercial growth objectives of the company.
• Discovery exploration and research: problem finding before problem solving.
• Craft UI prototypes for digital products leveraging and informing reusable and scalable design patterns.
• Represent UX/UI design in scrum ceremonies: daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint planning and demos.
• Work closely with developers to minimise the gap between ideation and execution.
• Engage with stakeholders in defining user needs and business problems, designing and iterating on product features across platforms.
• Create wireframes, sketches, or other forms of low-fidelity prototypes to communicate ideas and solutions to solve specific problems.
• Develop elegant user experiences by producing user flows and service blueprints that are simple and easy to communicate.
• Contribute to the evolution of the existing Design System. Create visual, interactive, and hifidelity prototypes leveraging on the Design System’s core components.
• Be a champion of design thinking and bring empathy to problem solving
Skills and Experience Required
• 3+ years Product / UX / UI Design experience.
• A detailed portfolio of recent end-to-end work cases to show.
• Exceptional working knowledge of Figma and FigJam: team libraries, project branching and merging, component variants, and auto layout is all your bread and butter.
• Experience working collaboratively with developers and business analysts on digital products in an Agile environment – you know how a UI is technically implemented.
• Eagerness to push boundaries, think creatively and challenge design ideas for the better.
• Excellent visual design skills with extensive knowledge of typography, layout best practices, spacing systems, and colour theory.