Junior OTC Energy Broker (native Chinese speaker)
Marex is a technology-enabled provider of essential liquidity and associated market infrastructure to participants in global energy, metals, agricultural and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across five core services: Market Making, Execution and Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 38 million trades and clearing over 193 million contracts in 2021. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 21 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,100 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
Purpose of the role
The role will assist Energy Brokers in Singapore to ensure smooth day-to-day running of the desk.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive support to the brokers
- Ensure timely and accurate input of trades
- Recap and consolidate trades for brokers and clients
- Resolve any trade queries and discrepancies, internally and externally, in a timely manner
- Keep trade and client records and details up-to-date
- Monitor and analyse markets
- Identify opportunities and strategies
- The Company may require you to carry out other duties from time to time
Skills and Competencies
- Servicing China clients, native-level business Chinese language ability is essential
- Business development in China, MUST have lived, worked, or been educated and have a local network in Mainland China
- An innovator with willingness to go the extra mile, finding opportunity for improvement wherever possible, for the customer, the desk, the business, and oneself.
- Personable and engaging with an ability to continuously build relationships with diverse groups, internally and externally
- Driven and enterprising, focused and persistent, a self-starter with grit, high levels of energy, who enjoys setting and achieving new goals
- Demonstrates strong customer focus, internally and externally, and works well in a team environment
- Ability to perform effectively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment whilst keeping emotions under control and handling criticism constructively
- Commercial awareness, the ability to multi-task, attention to detail, strong work ethic, and effective communication skills are a must
- Able to work global market hours and across different commodities
- Strong interest in sales and experience working in a market environment
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: No experience required – applications from fresh graduates are welcome.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION LEVEL: Bachelors degree