Application Support Analyst
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the commodities, energy and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive coverage across five core services: Market Making, Execution & Clearing, Hedging & Investment Solutions, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 38 million trades and clearing over 193 million contracts in 2021. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders. Marex maintains a strong balance sheet with prudent capital and liquidity positions and has an investment grade credit rating.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 29 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,600 employees across Europe, Asia and the Americas.
For more information visit www.marex.com
This role is based in our Dublin offices at Sandyford Business Park – well connected to the city centre by Tram.
Purpose of Role:
The Application Support team is responsible for providing technical support for all front office and post-trade applications including trade capture, market data, settlement and clearing systems and their associated client applications, as well as overnight risk calculation systems and the business systems used by control and support departments. The team handles all support requests, incidents, problems, and business continuity activities, to ensure the highest quality delivery of services to end users and clients.
The Application Support Analyst is responsible for taking ownership of issues and providing procedural and technical support to various teams and internal/external stakeholders. In addition to driving resolution of day-to-day issues, managing incidents and outages to resolution, this role requires a close partnership with the rest of the infrastructure team, the service desk and the wider IT group.
• Provide support for all trading and back-office platforms offered by Marex to both internal and external client base.
• Support business users offering first, second and third line support.
• Create and deploy PowerShell scripts providing a range of business functions.
• Manage new system analysis and implementation.
• Provide incident management per ITIL standards.
• Liaison between technology department and business groups to communicate system changes.
• Manage process and trading system documentation; produce and regularly maintain to a high standard.
• Ensure active tasks retain focus through workflow and prioritisation awareness.
• Manage vendor system upgrades and implementation.
• Manage exchange relationships and project manage mandatory upgrades.
• Manage technical client on-boarding.
• Complete exchange reporting and compliance audits.
• Provide consultative sales support.
• Manage client technical requirements within Marex technology department.
• Complete monthly transactional and volume reporting across all systems.
Skills & Experience:
• Solid background in Windows, Linux/Unix OS, including SQL and Oracle database architecture
• Must be able to work under demanding conditions with a calm demeanour
• Experience gained in a financial services background, ideally banking
• Ability to work as part of a team in an environment with changing expectations
• Proven ability to show a proactiveness in picking up issues and improving existing processes
• Process-driven and systematic mindset
• Experience with ITIL and change management processes
• Excellent documentation, communication, and organizational skills
• Ability to build strong relationships with Application Development teams and business sponsors
• General front-to-back knowledge of the flow for trading/clearing/operational process in settlement of futures and OTC Energy trade
• Experience in exchange and vendor management with a view to project manage exchange/system critical upgrades
• Knowledge of server-side infrastructure and admin tools to include the following systems: TT, Stellar, Deltix, ATEO, IBM MQ/Algorithmics and ION Suite
• Ability to work shifts patterns (if required)
• Knowledge of Fix Messaging protocol, including support experience
• Knowledge of market connectivity protocols for key global derivative, commodity, cash and equity markets
• Experience in technical onboarding of new APIs and systems
• Prior experience in a consultative sales support role, liaising directly with clients in a technical capacity
• Knowledge and expertise in high frequency trading platforms
• Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field preferred
If this sounds like the role you’re ready for, we’d love to hear from you!
Marex Spectron is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.