Application Support Analyst
Marex is an essential tech-enabled liquidity hub, connecting clients to global energy, metals, agriculture, and financial markets. Across our businesses we provide critical high value-add services in Market Making, Commercial Hedging, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. Headquartered in London, we have 18 offices worldwide with over 1,000 employees across Europe, Asia, and North America.
We are currently searching for an experienced support analyst to join our busy IT team based in London. You will join as a member of a busy and vibrant Application Support team, responsible for technical support of all front office & post trade applications including trade capture, market data, settlement and clearing systems and their associated client applications as well as overnight risk calculation systems and the business systems used by control and support departments.
The team handles all support requests, incidents, problems and business continuity activities, to ensure the highest quality delivery of services to internal end users and our clients. This is a vital role requiring a dedicated individual who can take ownership of issues and provide procedural and technical support to various teams and internal/external stakeholders.
In addition to driving resolution of day to day issues, managing incidents and outages to resolution, this role requires a close partnership with the rest of the infrastructure team, the service desk and the wider IT group.
• Provide support for all Trading & Back Office Platforms offered by Marex Spectron to both internal and external client base
• Support of Business users offering 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support
• Manage vendor system upgrades and implementation
• Manage exchange relationships and project manage mandatory upgrades
• Create and deploy PowerShell scripts providing a range of business functions
• Technical client on-boarding
• New system analysis and implementation
• Exchange reporting & Compliance audits
• High Frequency trading platform knowledge and expertise
• Consultative sales support
• Incident management per ITIL standards
• Process & trading system documentation – produce and regularly maintain to high standard
• Monthly transactional and volume reporting across all systems
• Liaison between technology dept. and business groups to communicate system changes
• Manage client technical requirements within Marex technology department
• Workflow and prioritisation awareness ensuring active tasks retain focus
Skills & Experience:
• Process driven and systematic
• Good communicator and organisation skills
• Ability to work as part of a team in an environment with changing expectations
• Must be able to work under demanding conditions with a calm demeanour
• The ability to work shifts patterns
Key Technologies and Skills:
• Experience gained in a Financial Services background, ideally banking.
• Ability to build strong relationship with Application Development Teams and Business sponsors
• General front to back knowledge of the flow for trading/clearing/operational process in settlement of futures and OTC Energy trades
• Experience with ITIL and change management processes
• Excellent documentation and communication skills
• Good knowledge of server-side infrastructure and admin tools to include the following systems TT, Stellar, Deltix, ATEO, IBM MQ/Algorithmics & ION Suite
• Good working knowledge of Fix Messaging protocol with at least 2 years support experience
• Good background in Windows, Linux/Unix OS, including SQL & Oracle database architecture
• Good knowledge of market connectivity protocols for key global derivative, commodity, cash and equity markets
• Good experience in exchange and vendor management with a view to project manage exchange/system critical upgrades
• At least 1 years’ experience in technical onboarding of new API’s & systems
• Prior experience in a consultative sales support role, liaising directly with clients in a technical capacity
• Proven ability to show a proactiveness in picking up issues and improving existing processes
This role will require you to cover several shift patterns, starting as early as 06:30, finishing as late as 7:30pm.
If you’re forging a career in this area and are looking for your next step, get in touch!
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.