Senior Project Manager: Compliance
Marex is a technology-enabled provider of essential liquidity and associated market infrastructure to participants in global energy, metals, agricultural and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across five core services: Market Making, Execution and Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 38 million trades and clearing over 193 million contracts in 2021. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 21 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,100 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
Purpose of Role
The Compliance Project Manager role supports the Group Compliance COO with change management activities within the Compliance function. There are two key elements to this role: (i) Leading and delivering key projects and initiatives; and (ii) supporting the BAU compliance function. Key aspects of the role will include:
▪ Assisting the with the Group Compliance in carrying out operational reviews of the Compliance function as part of the continuous improvement programme and identify key enhancements inputting into the Compliance Book of Work (BoW)
▪ Working flexibly across multiple projects / initiatives and the role will coordinate and carry out actions to deliver project outcomes and operating model efficiencies.
▪ Supporting the implementation of key business change and regulatory projects impacting the Compliance function.
▪ Supporting the delivery of departmental policies, procedures and key controls as part of the Compliance Framework.
▪ Managing and reporting on the key risk indicators across the function to ensure adherence to the compliance framework and support the Group Compliance COO with key reports, MI and presentations.
▪ As required, the role will support the Group Compliance function to help drive through ad-hoc deliverables.
▪ Deliver key projects which form part of the Compliance Project Portfolio comprised of key strategic initiatives and operational enhancements.
▪ Develop project Business Cases including managing vendor selection processes (As required).
▪ Lead the project implementation through various stages including planning, analysis, design, implementation, testing and transitioning to BAU.
▪ Assist the Group Compliance COO in carrying out operational reviews inputting into the Group Compliance Target Operating Model including managing the Compliance ‘book of work’ (BoW).
▪ Plan and coordinate the review of Group Compliance Policy and Procedures.
▪ Maintain the Group Compliance MI and is assist in formulating Management updates.
▪ Build and maintain key relationships with various Compliance Functions, Business Stakeholders and External Parties.
Skills & Requirements:
▪ Experience of working within a small to medium sized financial services firm
▪ Minimum 4-5 years’ experience is delivering on projects and programmes, including ‘hands-on’ delivery, through end-to-end lifecycle of delivery and transition to BAU
▪ Experience of delivering on regulatory compliance change e.g. SMCR, MIFID, Trade Surveillance.
▪ Experience of performing gap analysis and eliciting and capturing and defining requirements.
▪ Experience on process modelling and improvements
▪ Experience of dealing with various different stakeholders (Front Office, IT, Finance, Risk, HR, etc)
▪ Experience of working in a brokerage/ trading firm
▪ Exposure to delivery on Financial Crime initiatives
▪ Any industry project management (Prince 2) and / or business analyst (ISEB) certifications
Marex Spectron is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.