Associate/VP level - OTC Energy/Metal Derivatives sales
Marex is a technology-enabled provider of essential liquidity and associated market infrastructure to participants in global energy, metals, agricultural and financial markets. Established in 2005, Marex can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 22 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,100 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
Marex Solutions, a division of Marex Group, is the industry’s fastest growing specialist producer of tailored OTC derivatives and Structured Products. We specialise in the manufacture and distribution of customised derivative products on Equities, Commodities, Credit, FX, Funds, Fixed Income and Digital Assets.
These products are currently distributed to customers through two specialist channels – Hedging Solutions and Financial Products – utilising AGILE, a technology that radically improves the customisation of cross-asset products for Corporates and Investors.
Our entrepreneurial teams enjoy problem-solving and support customers on virtually any asset class. Hedging Solutions issue customised OTC products to help manage risk on Agriculture, Metals, Energy, Renewables and Foreign Exchange. Financial Products issue Structured Products on all asset classes including Equities, Commodities, Credit, FX, Funds, Fixed Income and Digital Assets.
- Provide high-quality sales coverage across Asia-Pacific geographies for OTC Energy or Metal clients of Marex Solutions. This includes quoting, deal execution and providing market colour to clients.
- Origination of new clients via networking events and collaboration with internal partners such as brokers, etc.
- Responsible for co-ordinating KYC/onboarding and Credit approvals for new clients.
Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with financial derivatives (futures, swaps, options)
- Familiarity with energy and/or metal underlyings
- Strong interpersonal and sales skills with a proven track record of executing commodity derivatives business with corporate clients
- Ability to attract and manage your own direct client base and contribute to building out the OTC Commodities business within ASIA-PAC
- Strong customer focus and ability to work in teams and collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders
- Strong risk and compliance ethic with ability to conduct business within Company’s policies & procedures and applicable rules and regulations
- Language skills: knowledge of one or more regional languages such as Mandarin, Japanese, Thai, Korean, Bahasa will be a plus.
If you’re developing a career in this area and are looking for your next step into a swiftly evolving, dynamic and nimble financial services company, get in touch!
Marex Spectron is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.