Service Desk Analyst
Marex is an essential tech-enabled liquidity hub, connecting clients to global energy, metals, agriculture and financial markets. Across our businesses we provide critical high value-add services in Market Making, Commercial Hedging, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. Headquartered in London, we have over18 offices worldwide with over 1,000 employees across Europe, Asia and North America.
Working as a part of the Global Service Desk, team you will be expected to provide general IT support to the user community at our London HQ.
Key responsibilities include:
• Accurate logging of all Incidents, Service requests and Changes in the Service Desk system (JIRA)
• Management and timely resolution of Service Desk tickets
• Effective escalation of tickets
• Ensure customers are dealt with professionally and efficiently
• Knowledge sharing with other team members through a knowledge base system
• Support of Standard Microsoft Technologies
• Writing documentation and maintaining knowledge of new technologies and how they can help the company
• Ensure technical skills are updated in line with company requirements
• Endeavour to align working practices to ITIL framework where appropriate
• Providing out of hours support to users as per the on call rota
In addition to the above, all members of the team are expected to contribute to departmental projects and this can include weekend work and in the future may involve working earlier or later shifts to assist our global business.
Skills & Experience Required
Previous experience of working in the banking/finance industry is highly desirable and the ability to communicate in fluent (or approaching fluent) English is essential;.
You will be expected to be competent in:-
• Standard Microsoft Technologies
• Microsoft Windows Server Systems (2008/2012/2016)
• Microsoft Active Directory (DNS/DHCPs/GPOs etc.)
• Microsoft Exchange
• Supporting Windows OS and desktop hardware and software
• You will also be expected to have a good current knowledge of relevant technologies and best practices.
• Not vital but advantageous: ITIL v3, Microsoft MCSE, Citrix, Cisco.
• Calm under pressure
• Eager to learn
• Excellent communication skills
• Effective written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.