Marex Spectron are a market-leading commodity broking company with a thriving Chicago office.
The last few years have seen our organisation grow rapidly in terms of both size and complexity. We’ve acquired businesses, opened offices in new locations, joined new exchanges, added new products and asset classes, all within an ever changing regulatory environment against a background of geopolitical instability.
The Credit Analyst takes ownership of the credit analysis for a proportion of the Marex client base, in conjunction with other credit analysts, to ensure a thorough understanding of each client’s business model and financials as well as the impact of macroeconomic events on each client.
• Provide daily and periodic reporting as defined by the Marex North America (MNA) Credit Policies and Procedures.
• Produce well-researched and articulated recommendations for credit facilities submitted to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and Credit Committee.
• Complete qualitative and quantitative analysis of current and potential clients and counterparties including: corporates, financial institutions, CCPs and state-owned (or pseudo state-owned) enterprises.
• Maintain continual focus on global macro-economic environment with understanding of specific country factors and impact of those factors on the credit risk assessment with regards to clients and counterparties incorporated or operating in those countries.
• Act as an advisor and subject matter expert to guide the business for all credit related items and manage the credit facility application/review process for the allocated client base.
• Form enduring and effective working relationships across all internal departments to reinforce the firm’s client-service model.
• Contribute to enhancing existing and/or implementation of new credit risk policies, procedures and processes to drive the department forward and ensure adherence to best practice.
• Communicate and escalate all relevant items to the Head of Credit Risk, Head of Enterprise Risk and the CRO as appropriate.
Skills and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (or other relevant field).
• 3-5 years of related credit experience.
• Understanding of credit risk inherent in granting credit facilities to cover the margin requirements (initial and variation) of futures and options
• Excellent track record in forming well researched conclusions on credit assessments including; internally modelled credit ratings and recovery potential in the event of default
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Effective report writing skills with an ability to distil complex information to a ‘key risks’ summary to enable management decision making
• Strong presentation technique and experience communicating to senior management forums
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Bloomberg knowledge is preferred; however, not required.
If this sounds like a fitting next step, we’d love to hear from you.
Marex Financial Limited (the “Company”) is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and, as such, at all times during your employment you are required to comply with any applicable rules or standards imposed by the Financial Conduct Authority applicable to your role. You must ensure that you complete any and all Compliance training required of you by the Company and abide by the Company’s Compliance policy at all times. You are also required to cooperate with any procedures or requirements put in place by the Company from time to time to enable it to access and monitor your fitness and propriety on an on-going basis.