Marex is a technology-enabled provider of essential liquidity and associated market infrastructure to participants in global energy, metals, agricultural and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across five core services: Market Making, Execution and Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy, and agricultural products, executing around 38 million trades and clearing over 193 million contracts in 2021. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 21 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,100 employees across Europe, Asia, and America.
The primary goal of the desk analyst is to ensure that the pricing environments of the markets in which the desk operates are well understood, instantly accessible and reliable, such that brokers can provide reliable advice and a superior level of service to clients.
- Real-time and continuous calibration of futures and options pricing models to mark to market and provide pricing/execution advice on all the derivatives contracts traded by the brokers and clients of the desk
- Accessing, managing and databasing data from various entities in the marketplace through various data feeds and frequently changing sources. Incorporating those data into in house models
- Collating and archiving of data
- Assist with all aspects of data sales
- Creating regular/ad hoc reports/analysis for clients and colleagues
- Building, improving, and maintaining a robust architecture of systems and models in order to ensure reliable business continuity and always increasing levels of efficiency for the desk
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience marking/developing option volatility surfaces
- Strong Excel skills including VBA
- Strong Python (or similar) skills
- GUI and app building capabilities
- Knowledge of working with API’s and databases
- Good understanding of mathematics to understand and work with derivative pricing mathematics
- An interest in derivatives markets