Senior Software Developer
Marex is an essential tech-enabled liquidity hub, connecting clients to global energy, metals, agriculture and financial markets. Across our businesses we provide critical high value-add services in Market Making, Commercial Hedging, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. Headquartered in London, we have 18 offices worldwide with over 1,000 employees across Europe, Asia and North America.
The Senior Software Developer plays a prominent role in the development of high availability, secure and scalable client facing systems. Following sound software development principles they proactively contribute towards the architectural development of the firm’s platforms.
• Assisting with requirements elicitation and the scoping of Epics, Stories and Bugs
• Collaborating with other team members in the development of applications using a test-driven approach
• Working with other teams such as Design and QA to maximize quality
• Implementing best practices in the design and development of the firm’s solutions
• Designing, coding and testing software in line with business requirements
• Following Agile principles in managing the software development lifecycle
• Proposing new ideas and technologies for the betterment of the firm’s product suite
• Proactively contributing to the shared libraries/components maintained by the department
• Assisting in the diagnosis and resolution of support issues in a timely manner
• Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures subject to internal and external audit such as security and compliance
Skills & Experience:
• Strong server-side experience in either .NET or NodeJS with a willingness to work with either
• Strong client-side SPA web experience, preferably ReactJS
• Knowledge of database systems, either relational or No-SQL
• Experience in using Docker in cloud deployment environments
• Familiar with deployment automation and build environments
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Continuous delivery of software within an Agile framework
• Strong proponent of Test-Driven Development
• Degree in computer science or related field
If this sounds like the role you’re ready for, we’d love to hear from you!
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.