Senior Compliance Officer - 6 month FTC
Marex is an essential tech-enabled liquidity hub, connecting clients to global energy, metals, agriculture and financial markets. Across our businesses we provide critical high value-add services in Market Making, Commercial Hedging, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. Headquartered in London, we have 18 offices worldwide with over 1,000 employees across Europe, Asia and North America.
Support the Head of Business Advisory Compliance in ensuring the Marex Spectron Group adheres to and operates within regulatory requirements. Specific focus on supporting the compliance needs of the Marex Solutions platform by providing advisory compliance support to the Marex Solutions platform which comprises of Structured Products and various other OTC Derivatives structures across all asset classes.
• Providing compliance advice, including on the application of regulatory and internal compliance requirements in respect of day-to-day activities and on specific transactions
• Deputising for Head of Business Advisory Compliance where required
• Providing compliance review and approval of new Business initiatives, including on new transaction structures, new jurisdictions, new products or new systems
• Providing advice on the application of global compliance policies, exchange rules and regulations.
• Manage, review and respond to regulator and exchange investigations in conjunction with the business.
• Advising on new and existing products and all regulatory activities relating to product design and distribution specifically, institutional product governance, inducements, conflicts of interest, distributor due diligence questionnaires.
• Reviewing of product/service-related materials such as marketing materials, term sheets, payoffs/fees/commission costs, presentations and product brochures and disclosures relating to inducements.
• Identify business training needs; design, develop and deliver both regular and ad-hoc face to face regulatory training
• Support the Compliance Assurance Office through the completion of the annual Compliance Risk Assessment Process for relevant business lines.
• Undertake regular and ad hoc monitoring of key business processes in line with the risk assessment process, including providing recommendations for enhancements.
• Lead and initiate regular business catch-ups with Solutions Senior Management (Trading, Sales, support functions), and manage any follow up actions.
• Design and develop in collaboration with the business and other relevant stakeholders a supervisory program for the 1LOD Business staff.
• Liaise with regional Compliance colleagues and other stakeholders as appropriate to advise on cross-jurisdictional requirements, including registration and training
• Liaise with Compliance colleagues on ABC, Cross Border, Trainings, Enquiries and Investigations, and Financial Crime matters.
• Support the Head of Regulatory Affairs in disseminating, assessing and implement regulatory change in collaboration with the business, including development of the associated control framework.
• Proactively identify regulatory, conduct or reputational risks; escalating to management for resolution and tracking to closure.
• Lead regulatory investigations into control and regulatory incidents within the Business.
• Collaborate with Business and Legal on complaint handling.
• Draft written reports as required.
• Design and develop a suite of relevant management information.
• Provide input into and draft policies and procedures, as required.
• Represent Marex at relevant industry fora, as required.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Proven, strong Structured Products Compliance experience
• Strong analytical skills
• Stakeholder management; ability to work closely with multiple internal stakeholders, ability to build strong cooperative relationships at all levels
• Well-developed relationships and experience with regulators such as FCA, CFTC, AMF, SEC as well as sound knowledge of the regulatory frameworks for MiFID, EMIR, DFA.
• Initiative and commitment to excellence – actively and enthusiastically attempt to influence, seek opportunities to originate action, encourage and develop new ideas
• Experience managing and developing a team
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Enthusiastic and keen to learn
• Ability to think outside the box and provide creative solutions.
• Be able to multi-task, prioritize and work to deadlines in a pressurised environment.
• In-depth practical knowledge and understanding of financial services law and regulation impacting activities in the UK and the ability to apply, EU regulation, FCA and PRA rules and guidance particularly those relating to MiFID, MAR to name a few.
• An understanding of US regulations as it relates to the business activities is a plus.
• Experience in financial services markets Compliance advisory dealing closely with the sales/trading business and partnering with them for the success of the brand.
• Prior Compliance advisory experience from a wholesale markets background preferably 8+ years
• Degree educated or equivalent and financial services industry qualifications preferable
If this sounds like the role you’re ready for, we’d love to hear from you!
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.