Assistant Financial Accountant
Marex is an essential tech-enabled liquidity hub, connecting clients to global energy, metals, agriculture and financial markets. Across our businesses we provide critical high value-add services in Market Making, Commercial Hedging, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. Headquartered in London, we have 18 offices worldwide with over 1,000 employees across Europe, Asia and North America.
The Legal Entity Control team consists of 5 staff working on a range of projects, regulatory and statutory reporting and control functions. The team is charged with ensuring the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global and regulated company.
The purpose of this role is to be a key member of existing Legal Entity Control function and ensure the integrity of our entity’s financial information, facilitate the firm’s consolidation and offer analytical support.
The major deliverables of Legal Entity Control function are:
• Preparation of annual financial statements for a number of entities under various accounting standards (IFRS, US GAAP, Singapore GAAP, Hong Kong GAAP and Norwegian GAAP);
• Prepare monthly analytical review on legal entity income statement and balance sheet;
• Preparation of monthly management reports, including Board meetings;
• Preparation of monthly transfer pricing calculations and subsequent reporting;
• Review and challenge balance sheet reconciliations;
• Manage adhoc inquiries from external auditors;
• Involvement in developing and enhancing existing processes;
• Design and implement robust control environment; and
• Assistance with some aspects of Regulatory Reporting.
This individual would play a pivotal role in improving the control environment. In addition, this individual would be expected to assist across the entire financial control function.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
• Strong analytical skill – You demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment in a highly regulated environment
• Functional expertise – Enjoy keeping up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
• Strong technical accounting skills – You demonstrate strong technical skills, pay attention to detail, take initiative to broaden your knowledge and resolve accounting issues
• Personal drive and motivation – Successfully handle multiple tasks, take initiative to improve your own performance, work intensely towards challenging goals
• A client and business focus – Effectively handle difficult requests, build trusting, long-term relationships with clients, help the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
• Strong teamwork ethic – You are a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills. You collaborate well with others within and across teams, encourage other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others’ contributions
• Big 4 audit background is preferred but not essential
• Experience in preparation of audited financial statements under UK GAAP or IFRS is an advantage
• A track record of improving processes and adding value to clients/stakeholders
• Strong analytical, organisation and documentation skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong Microsoft Excel
• Part Qualified or Recently Qualified Accountant
If this sounds like the role you’re ready for, we’d love to hear from you!
Marex Spectron is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.