Seeking a Singapore-based petrochemical broker with knowledge of physical and financial markets to expand an established US-based petrochemical desk
• Liaise with company clients to ensure their needs are met.
• Provide timely broking services on behalf of the client.
• Accepting and executing orders in Petrochemicals for physical deals as well as financial deals on the SGX, CME and ICE.
• Maintain existing and develop new client relationships: frequently meet and entertain clients to further
develop business relationships.
• Pursue new business opportunities in physical and financial chemical markets, including developing and on-boarding new clients
• Ensure all transactions are in line with the Company’s policies procedures
Skills and Competencies:
• Comprehensive knowledge of physical and financial petrochemical markets in Asia, including MEG, benzene, paraxylene, olefins and plastics.
• Self-motivated, confident and resilient – able to strive within a high-pressured environment.
• Excellent commercial insight and understanding combined with exceptional negotiating skills.
• Results focused- able to be decisive and adaptable to the changing needs to the business and clients.
• Proactive and innovative with an entrepreneurial flair to drive the business.
• Able to work effectively within a team and on an individual basis. The candidate will need to be self-sufficient and be required to work hours to coordinate with a US-based petrochemical desk when there is business to be done across the regions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills are favourable. Detailed understanding of forward curves and financial derivatives.
• Good attention to detail is essential.
Experience, Education & Professional Qualifications.
• Demonstrate a strong network of clients within the Petrochemicals market.
• Minimum 2/3 years’ experience with Chinese, Japanese and Korean customer contacts.
• Experience of generating income broking commodities.
• Experience working in Mainland China.
• Strong educational background preferred.
• Native Chinese language mandatory requirement.