Agricultural and Soft Commodities Broker - Volcap
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the commodities, energy and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive coverage across five core services: Market Making, Execution & Clearing, Hedging & Investment Solutions, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 38 million trades and clearing over 193 million contracts in 2021. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders. Marex maintains a strong balance sheet with prudent capital and liquidity positions and has an investment grade credit rating.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 22 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,100 employees across Europe, Asia and the Americas.
For more information visit www.marex.com
Purpose of Role:
Volcap is a global liquidity partner for professional investors. Our independent teams cover the commodities markets and bespoke structured products. Volcap is a division of Marex.
We are recruiting for a driven, entrepreneurial, and ambitious individual to join Volcap’s fast growing commodity brokerage. We are interested in individuals from an Ags & Softs background, preferably with options expertise and an existing client book.
- Transfer and grow your client book into profitable trading accounts
- Contribute to the fast pace day to day brokering activities of the Volcap commodities desk
- Leverage Volcap’s unique positioning as a business division of Marex to grow your P&L
- Work closely with the existing team to offer best-in-class execution and price discovery services to an international client base
- Leverage Volcap’s existing network of clients to grow your P&L
Skills & Experienced Required:
- Existing client book in Ags & Softs
- Solid previous work experience as a commodity broker, preferably on options
- Highly ambitious with entrepreneurial mind-set
- Fast and efficient approach with attention to detail
- · Excellent sales and analytical skills with the ability to close deals
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.