Head of Business Advisory Compliance
Marex is an essential tech-enabled liquidity hub, connecting clients to global energy, metals, agriculture and financial markets. Across our businesses we provide critical high value-add services in Market Making, Commercial Hedging, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. We have 18 offices worldwide with over 1,000 employees across Europe, Asia and North America.
Support the Group Head of Compliance in the assessment and management of regulatory and compliance risk to the business within stated risk appetites ensuring the Marex business adheres to and operates within its compliance and regulatory framework. Specific focus on providing second line oversight of the business and supporting the compliance needs by providing advisory compliance support across all existing and proposed regulated activities being carried out by the business.
• Reviewing and advising on specific transactions.
• Providing compliance review and approval of new Business specific initiatives such as new transaction structures, new jurisdictions, new systems, etc.
• Participating in (and collaborating in development) of Business governance processes
• Regular engagement with Senior Management and the business
• Providing advice on the application of global compliance policies, exchange rules and regulations.
• Advising on new and existing products and all regulatory activities
• Assessment of product design and distribution, institutional product governance, inducements, conflicts of interest, distributor due diligence.
• Reviewing of product/service-related materials such as marketing materials, term sheets, payoffs/fees/commission costs, presentations and product brochures and disclosures relating to inducements.
• Working with Legal, Compliance colleagues and other support function staff across the region and in the other regions to advise on and to address any cross-jurisdictional compliance matters.
• Supporting the Compliance training program
• Assisting with regulatory inspections or enquiries and coordinating responses with input from relevant stakeholders
• Participating in regulatory change affecting the businesses, ensuring appropriate collaboration across all relevant Support Functions and the Business and assisting the Business with implementing the new regulation in a robust and controlled manner
• Participating in the annual Compliance Risk Assessment Process.
• Conducting and co-ordinating risk-based monitoring reviews as part of the Compliance Assurance Programme to assess regulatory requirements and internal policies
• Identifying regulatory or reputational risks and escalating to management for resolution
• Acting as a challenge and control function to the Business on compliance related matters including the Business owned Risk & Control Assessment
• Developing and deliver an annual regulatory training plan for the Business as well as ad hoc trainings, as needed
• Providing assistance in relation to control and regulatory incidents, Internal audits and reviews within the Business
• Collaborating with Business and Legal on Compliant handling
• Proactively manage and further develop the Compliance team in London
• Assisting the Head of Compliance in preparing written annual reports on compliance matters for the Audit & Compliance Committee;
Skills and Experience:
• Strong analytical skills
• Stakeholder management; ability to work closely with multiple internal stakeholders, ability to build strong cooperative relationships at all levels
• Well-developed relationships and experience with regulators such as FCA, CFTC, AMF, SEC as well as sound knowledge of the regulatory frameworks for MiFID, EMIR, DFA.
• Initiative and commitment to excellence – actively and enthusiastically attempt to influence, seek opportunities to originate action, encourage and develop new ideas
• Experience managing and developing a team
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Enthusiastic and keen to learn
• Ability to think outside the box and provide creative solutions.
• Be able to multi-task, prioritize and work to deadlines in a pressurised environment.
• Experience working in a Monitoring, assurance or audit role within a UK regulated financial institution;
• Strong knowledge of FCA investment firm regulation
• Demonstrable experience of dealing with regulatory compliance
• Knowledge of various asset classes including Exchange Traded Derivatives but also OTC Derivatives, FX and Equities
• In-depth practical knowledge and understanding of financial services law and regulation impacting activities in the UK and the ability to apply, EU regulation, FCA and PRA rules and guidance particularly those relating to MiFID, MAR to name a few.
• An understanding of US regulations as it relates to the business activities is a plus.
• Experience in financial services markets Compliance advisory dealing closely with the sales/trading business and partnering with them for the success of the brand.
• Prior Compliance advisory experience from a wholesale markets background preferably 8+ years
• Degree educated or equivalent and financial services industry qualifications preferable
If this sounds like the role you’re ready for, we’d love to hear from you!
Marex Spectron is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.