A rigorous, and proactive individual, capable of managing the risks arising from Marex Solutions’ clients’ activity in compliance with the risk framework. Junior level position eager to learn and able to collaborate well with the team.
Description of Department
Marex has unique access across markets with significant share globally both on and off exchange. The depth of knowledge amongst its teams and divisions provides its customers with clear advantage, and its technology-led service provides access to all major exchanges, order-flow management via screen, voice and DMA, plus award-winning data, insights and analytics.
Marex Solutions is a division of Marex, specialises in the manufacture and distribution of customised derivative products. We have two specialist teams: Hedging Solutions and Financial Products. Marex Hedging Solutions helps corporations reduce their risk due to the volatility of commodity and currency prices. Marex Financial Products offers a customisable investment solutions platform, allowing investors to easily price and create fully tailor-made products.
This role covers the Trading function within Marex Solutions.
- Work in close partnership with the Sales team, in particularly the APAC Sales team and the Derivative Engine to fulfil the requested revenues budget maximizing the profitability from the flows originated
- Manage efficiently the risks arising from the activity, in particular complying with the allocated risk limits.
- Work in cooperation with Quant and IT team to improve the tools and the processes of the trading desk
- Collaborate with sales/broking functions to originate hedging solutions and structured transactions, with a cross product selling mind set
- Collaboration with central operations functions which support the trading role including but not limited to Operations and Technology
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements under the FCA
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- At all times complying with the FCA’s Code of Conduct
- Carrying out regulatory activities under the Marex Financial trading books
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required
- To escalate risk events immediately
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
The Company may require you to carry out other duties from time to time
- Excellent verbal written and communication skills
- A collaborative team player, that is approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
- Demonstrates curiosity
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Ability to make data and research informed decisions
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial individual, who relishes the huge opportunity this role presents.
Skills and Experience
- Strong mathematical/IT background. Advanced knowledge of option theory and cross-asset financial models.
- Strong knowledge of the market practices and hedging strategies
- Proactive mindset in keeping up to date with market research and incorporating into role efficiently
- Analytical skills, identifying opportunities and risks in a quick and decisive manner
- Comprehensive knowledge of the financial service markets and relevant regulatory requirements
- Experience working in and knowledge of cross asset exotic options in terms of pricing and hedging.
- Experience of the various Front Office systems that represent the traded positions, the lifecycle and the risks.
- Experience working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with this
- Experience in operating on electronic market making infrastructure
- Experience in risk managing cross asset exotic portfolios