Operations Systems Manager
Marex is a market-leading commodity broking company with a thriving Chicago office.
The last few years have seen our organization grow rapidly in terms of both size and complexity. We’ve acquired businesses, opened offices in new locations, joined new exchanges, added new products and asset classes, all within an ever changing regulatory environment against a background of geopolitical instability.
The Operations Systems Manager will work with teams across the organization on a daily basis to ensure the back and middle office applications are working as expected. They will be responsible for tracking and communicating issues as they arise and until resolved.
• Build and enhance reports from the back and middle office across multiple asset classes
• Ensure static data is accurate for new products and new exchanges
• Manage vendor system upgrades and patch sweeps, this will require weekend work for production validation
• Identifying areas of improvement and working closely with the Head of Operations
• Act as liaison between functional areas, third party vendors and exchanges
• Trouble shoot and resolve issues on a daily basis
• Ensure an automated mindset in removing manual tasks
• Ensure all systems and procedures are fully documented, including environment schematics
• Open and track items as they arise with the vendor
Skills and Competencies:
• Process driven and systematic
• Good communicator and organisation skills
• Must be able to work under demanding conditions with a calm demeanour
• General front to back knowledge of the flow for trading/clearing/operational process in settlement of multiple asset classes
• Technical experience with GMI or XTP and iDash
• Excellent working knowledge of an FCM’s back office duties, such as regulatory reporting, clearing and margins
• Ability to reconcile data sets and research the breaks
• Ability to work collaboratively with other teams
• Proven ability to show a pro-activeness in picking up issues and improving existing processes
• Oversee projects and ensure that delivery is executed efficiently and accurately
If this sounds like a fitting next step, we’d love to hear from you.
Marex Financial Limited (the “Company”) is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and, as such, at all times during your employment you are required to comply with any applicable rules or standards imposed by the Financial Conduct Authority applicable to your role. You must ensure that you complete any and all Compliance training required of you by the Company and abide by the Company’s Compliance policy at all times. You are also required to cooperate with any procedures or requirements put in place by the Company from time to time to enable it to access and monitor your fitness and propriety on an on-going basis.