COO Team Business Manager - Solutions
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a major franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
Marex Solutions is division of Marex providing investment banking solutions with a fintech mindset. We aim to become the world’s leading manufacturer of cross asset, customised derivatives.
For more information visit www.marex.com
Supporting the COO to drive improvement within existing processes and documentation, you will play a key role in building the operational infrastructure to support the rapid growth of this business.
As a liaison between the Solutions business and Control and Support functions of the wider group, you will be a key contact and go to person for both divisions. Working alongside the Solutions COO in delivering Projects, enabling the business to keep growing sustainably and integrating expansion opportunities when they arise.
You will be exposed to a wide range of tasks and projects, including but not limited to:
Delivering new business initiatives for the business following and improving the groups change process,
Reviewing and improve existing MI and KPIs to effectively monitor and steer the business,
Creating transparency around costs and budgets and driving efficiencies and cost reductions,
Driving change for the Marex Solutions team by reviewing existing process and identifying enhancements,
Supporting the Delivery of key new in-house build technology platforms as well as the roll out of third-party systems.
- Ensure the business is conducted in accordance with local and general regulatory rules
- Ensure that compliance and other compulsory trainings are up to date
- Ensure a clear communication to manager
- Cooperate closely with support teams and the business to complete tasks and projects
- Promote innovation and work on idea generation
- Delivering strategic and tactical projects and plans to improve the current operating model
- Managing Marex Solutions’ cost base and budget, including initiating and implementing measures to control and reduce them in a sustainable manner
- Ensuring effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes and come up with ways to improve them
- Overseeing daily operations and adjusting where necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborative team player, approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
- An entrepreneurial individual with strong front to back understanding of structured products. Used to optimise and drive automation.
- Ability to think outside of the box and always try to have a solution for any problem you encounter
- Demonstrates curiosity
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Ability to take a high level of responsibility in a fast pace and high-volume environment
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
Skills and Experience
A successful candidate will have:
- Min 5 years’* experience in either manufacturing Structured OTC derivatives or in Structured securities,
- In depth understanding about the front to back processing of these products
- In depth understanding of the applicable governance, legal and regulatory frameworks relevant to these products,
- Had managed several change initiatives related to these products,
- Has strong stakeholder management skills and able to handle exposure to senior management,
- Ideally has managed IT change or Regulatory change projects before
- University degree
- Self-motivated, confident, and resilient – able to strive within a profitability driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft office skills, especially excel,
- Entrepreneurial and leadership skills will be highly considered.
- Very good Interpersonal skills
- Act with integrity
- Act with due skill, care and diligence
- Be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- Observe proper standard of market conduct
- Act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers
*Experience outside of this range will also be considered
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.