Structured Products Operations/Middle Office - Analyst/Associate - Brazil
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a major franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
Marex has unique access across markets with significant share globally both on and off exchange. The depth of knowledge amongst its teams and divisions provides its customers with clear advantage, and its technology-led service provides access to all major exchanges, order-flow management via screen, voice and DMA, plus award-winning data, insights and analytics.
Marex Solutions, a division of Marex, is a specialist producer of tailored OTC derivatives and structured products. We are a highly entrepreneurial and fast growing manufacturer, trader and service provider of customised derivative solutions. We design and implement solutions to mitigate against market risks or to create investment opportunities. We leverage cutting edge technology to empower our customers and disrupt traditional investment banking practices.
For more information visit www.marex.com
To provide front to back operational support to the Structured Product business and its customers.
- A key member of the operations team providing comprehensive support to OTC Derivatives and Structured Notes business of Marex Solutions front office and clients. Report and escalate issues timely to the Head of the team as well as relevant senior management of the Desk.
- Daily BAU activities include, but not limited to, reconciling trade positions and cash flows, managing trade and notes lifecycles, sending trade confirmations and client statements, dealing with margin calls, paying agent, prime brokerage and settlements, as well as making sure all relevant trades are reported correctly to meet MiFID, EMIR and Dodd-Frank regulatory frameworks.
- Contributing to the establishment of new controls, enhancement and automation of existing reconciliation tools and processes
- Work closely and partner with finance, treasury, risk, audit and compliance departments
- Maintain detailed operating procedures for the team and train new joiners to ensure business continuity and minimise staff risk
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements under the FCA, NFA, AMF, AFM, MAS and any other revavent governing.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- At all times complying with the FCA’s Code of Conduct and Marex’s Code of Conduct
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required
- To escalate risk events immediately
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
Skills and Experience
- Adept across the MS Office suite (the ability to write macros/VBA and Python is highly desirable)
- Keen to work in a rapidly evolving and growing organisation and make your mark, highly committed
- 2 to 5 years relevant experience* in a similar middle office/operations role in financial service industry desirable but not compulsory.
- Line management experience and proven ability to lead/supervise a small team, supervising juniors is desirable but not essential.
- Problem solving skills
- A meticulous eye for detail
- The ability to work effectively under pressure in a busy environment
- Experience working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with this.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborative team player, approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
- Demonstrates curiosity
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
- Act with integrity
- Act with due skill, care and diligence
- Be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- Observe proper standard of market conduct
- Act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.
*experience outside of this range will also be considered