Gasoline Broker - Rotterdam
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a major franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
The gasoline department offers a deep knowledge of gasoline blending components and has long term relationships with blenders, refiners and traders around Europe.
This role covers the Junior Broker function within the gasoline department
For more information visit www.marex.com
An experienced, strategic, diligent, ambitious, and proactive individual, responsible for managing risk for Gasoline and Petrochemical components product set within group risk appetite and defined risk limits. Junior level position with the ability to work under senior position and also as part of a team. Has a thoughtful approach to their role and the impact it can make, keeping the candidate in mind in all they do.
- Contribute to gasoline and petrochemical components product trading capability to support liquidity for clients
- Support Starsupply (Marex Spectron) with market risk for gasoline product set within group risk appetite and defined risk limits whilst generating positive returns
- Working efficiently and supporting with making efficiencies, including but not limited to collaborating with data, research and analytics colleagues to identify opportunities for hedging strategies and clients
- Strategizing to increase P&L, requiring ongoing analysis of markets and products in the market
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements under the FCA, NFA, AMF, AFM, MAS and any other relevant regulation.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- At all times complying with the FCA’s Code of Conduct
- Carrying out regulatory activities under the Starsupply trading books
- Liaising with clients in North-west Europe and Mediterranean; clients include Refiners, market makers, trading houses and other trading boutique
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required
- To escalate risk events immediately
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in financial markets / economics. Supply chain and shipping would be preferred but is not essential
- 2-3 years experience* working in brokerage / sales trading with a direct customer relationship
- Proactive mindset in keeping up to date with market research and incorporating into role efficiently
- Analytical skills, identifying opportunities and risks in a quick and decisive manner
- Comprehensive knowledge of the commodity markets
- Commodities or energy working background experience is a plus
- Experience working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with this
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and fully fluent in another Latin Language
- Located or willing to relocate to Rotterdam.
- A collaborative team player, that is approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
- Demonstrates curiosity
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Ability to take a high level of responsibility in a fast pace and high-volume environment
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
- Act with integrity
- Act with due skill, care and diligence
- Be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- Observe proper standard of market conduct
- Act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.
*Candidates outside of this experience range will also be considered.