Petrochemical Sales, North America
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a major franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,900 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
Purpose of Role:
Marex is seeking an experienced, strategic, diligent, ambitious, and proactive individual, responsible for a portfolio of Petrochemical products. This Intermediate to Senior level position with the ability to work autonomously, and also as part of a team and directly engage with clients. Commercial ability to maintain good relationship with clients and find new ones to bring flow.
Marex has unique access across markets with significant share globally both on and off exchange. The depth of knowledge amongst its teams and divisions provides its customers with clear advantage, and its technology-led service provides access to all major exchanges, order-flow management via screen, voice and DMA, plus award-winning data, insights, and analytics.
The Petrochemicals desk is under Marex’s Energy business and is a global book, spanning North America, Asia, Europe. It is a small, energetic, and international team that is highly collaborative and focused on bringing unique solutions to suppliers and customers. The Petrochemical business focuses on olefins, aromatics, glycol, specialty chemicals, solvents, and a variety of other chemical products.
- Develop sales channels in North America for chemicals such as solvents, plasticizers, and specialty chemicals.
- Negotiate pricing between buyers and sellers and provide market color to clients.
- Develop long-term contract structures on both fixed and floating prices between buyers and sellers.
- Set up client through KYC (know your customer) and onboarding.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements under the SEC, FINRA, NFA, CFTC and other applicable exchanges.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- At all times complying with Marex’s Code of Conduct
- Carrying out regulatory activities under the Marex Financial and MSIL trading books
- Liaising with clients in North America; clients include banks, hedge funds, market makers, fund managers, institutional, trading houses and other trading boutiques.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibilites
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required
- To escalate risk events immediately
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
The Company may require you to carry out other duties from time to time.
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal written and communication skills.
- A collaborative team player, that is approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates curiosity.
- Ability to take a high level of responsibility.
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 7 (seven) years of experience with Petrochemical Sales or Chemical distribution business in North America, particularly the United States.
- Experience managing the total life cycle of a deal, including logistics, customs clearance, credit, and customer expectations.
- Proactive mindset in keeping up to date with market research and incorporating into role efficiently.
- Analytical skills, identifying opportunities and risks in a quick and decisive manner.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the financial service markets and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Substantial experience working in and knowledge of Petrochemical product area in North America, particularly the United States
- Experience of the infrastructural support required to efficiently support Petrochemical business lines.
- Experience working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with this.
- Experience in operating on electronic market making infrastructure.
- Experience in risk managing of Petrochemical portfolios.
- Knowledge of the underlying products at Marex within the Petrochemical remit.
Marex’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the employer of choice for prospective candidates. We encourage applications from candidates returning to the job market.
It is the policy of Marex to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.