Operations Systems Support & Fees - Associate
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a major franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
Support/maintain Operational systems/controls associated with Marex’s derivatives exchange fees management and exchange reconciliation processes.
Description of Department
Marex has unique access across markets with significant share globally both on and off exchange. The depth of knowledge amongst its teams and divisions provides its customers with clear advantage, and its technology-led service provides access to all major exchanges, order-flow management via screen, voice and DMA, plus award-winning data, insights and analytics
The Operations Derivatives Exchange Fees Department sits within the operations function, with its focus being on the ION FEES Direct Platform and associated static data management. Additionally, the department is responsible for the firm’s daily Exchange/Carry Broker fee reconciliation processes. Maintaining robust procedures and controls.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a busy environment
- Good communication skills within team & other business areas
- Punctual & enthusiastic
- Flexible & accustomed to constant changing responsibilities
- Following a strict & disciplined regime, offering assistance to all employees
- Demonstrates enhanced understanding of Futures & Options industry in areas including; Reconciliations, Position Maintenance, Regulatory Reporting and static data
- Knowledge of XTP Back Office system
- Problem solving skills; ability to resolve issues in a timely & efficient manner
- MS Office experience
- Able to work on own initiative & be part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to develop and enhance systems and processes to improve efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborative team player, approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
- Demonstrates curiosity
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Ability to take a high level of responsibility in a fast pace and high-volume environment
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
- Fees static data management (ION – Fees Direct Platform, CME EFS, etc)
- Exchange & Carry Broker fee reconciliations.
- Work with the 3rd Party service providers & control area to enhance and improve current Fees Controls/Reconciliation processes.
- Support/Maintain back-office systems, (FD & WEBRECS) Working closely with the vendors, aiding the business in resolving adhoc operational issues and providing effective solutions.
- Support/maintain general static data, Exchange and Regulatory enrichment information across platforms utilised by Operations.
- Ensure written procedures are in place and up to date for daily/monthly departmental tasks.
- Efficient email management, including both personal & group mailboxes.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- At all times complying with the FCA’s Code of Conduct /Marex’s Code of Conduct
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility.
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required
- To escalate risk events immediately
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
The Company may require you to carry out other duties from time to time
- Act with integrity
- Act with due skill, care and diligence
- Be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- Observe proper standard of market conduct
- Act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers
Acting as a role model for the values of the Company:
Respect – Clients are at the heart of our business, with superior execution and superb client service the foundation of the firm. We respect our clients and always treat them fairly.
Integrity – Doing business the right way is the only way. We hold ourselves to a high ethical standard in everything we do – our clients expect this and we demand it of ourselves.
Collaborative – We work in teams – open and direct communication and the willingness to work hard and collaboratively are the basis for effective teamwork. Working well with others is necessary for us to succeed at what we do.
Developing our People – Our people are the basis of our competitive advantage. We look to “grow our own” and make Marex Spectron the place ambitious, hardworking, talented people choose to build their careers.
Adaptable and Nimble – Our size and flexibility is an advantage. We are big enough to support our client’s various needs, and adaptable and nimble enough to respond quickly to changing conditions or requirements. A non-bureaucratic, but well controlled environment fosters initiative as well as employee satisfaction.
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.