Sales Associate (Marex Solutions) - Agriculture
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a major franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,900 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
Purpose of Role:
Marex Solutions is seeking a an experienced and motivated individual responsible for the sales growth in the NORAM (North American) region. The Sales Associate will work with the NORAM (North American) Agriculture Team in the effort to build on existing relationships as well as generate new revenue streams via prospects and leads. This position will also include sales execution and customer maintenance daily.
Marex has unique access to markets across the globe both on and off exchange. The depth of knowledge amongst its teams and divisions provides its customers with a clear advantage. Its technology-led service provides access to all major exchanges, order-flow management via screen, voice and DMA, plus award-winning data, insights, and analytics.
The Marex Hedging Solutions department has some of the most experienced teams in the world, specializing in the manufacture and distribution of customized derivative products on Equities, Commodities, Credit, FX Funds, Fixed Income, and Digital Assets. These products are distributed to customers through two specialist channels: Risk Management and Financial Products.
This role covers the Agricultural Commodities Sales function within the Marex Hedging Solutions department in North America.
- Provide high-quality sales coverage across the NORAM region for OTC Agricultural Commodity clients
- Create value and capture revenues from existing client base as well as developing your own new client pipeline
- Work with brokers across Marex and other divisions to drive synergies and potential new business opportunities.
- Liaise with Internal Stakeholders across the business (Credit / Compliance / Legal / Onboarding / Ops / Trading / Risk) to ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures with regards to day-to-day business activity and client communication.
- Directly correspond with clients. Clients include commodity trading houses, merchants, processors, producers, and other corporates with an exposure to agricultural commodity prices.
- Strategizing to increase P&L, requiring analysis of markets and products.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements under the SEC, FINRA, NFA, CFTC and other applicable exchanges.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- At all times complying with Marex’s Code of Conduc
- Carrying out regulatory activities under the Marex Financial and MSIL trading books
- Liaising with clients in North America; clients include banks, hedge funds, market makers, fund managers, institutional, trading houses and other trading boutiques.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility.
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/or your supervisor as required
- To escalate risk events immediately
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
The Company may require you to carry out other duties from time to time.
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- A collaborative team player that is approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
- Demonstrates curiosity
- Ability to take a high level of responsibility
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
Skills and Experience
- Proactive mindset in keeping up to date with market research and incorporating into role efficiently
- Analytical skills, identifying opportunities and risks in a quick and decisive manner
- Comprehensive knowledge of the financial service markets and relevant regulatory requirements
- Experience working in and knowledge of an agricultural product area
- Experience of the infrastructural support required to efficiently support Commodity Derivative Sales business lines
- Experience working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with this
- Experience in operating on electronic market making infrastructure
- Experience in risk managing of Commodity portfolio
- Knowledge of the underlying products at Marex within the Commodity remit
Marex’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the employer of choice for prospective candidates. We encourage applications from candidates returning to the job market.
It is the policy of Marex to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.