Financial Controller - Swap Dealer
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
Purpose of Role:
The Controller – Swap Dealer oversees all financial activities of the swaps regulated entity including the month-end close process, financial reporting and deadline management.
Marex has unique access across markets with significant share globally both on and off exchange. The depth of knowledge amongst its teams and divisions provides its customers with clear advantage, and its technology-led service provides access to all major exchanges, order-flow management via screen, voice and DMA, plus award-winning data, insights and analytics.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s swaps regulatory requirements under the CFTC, NFA and CME.
- Prepare and/or supervise the daily and monthly regulatory filings, including daily capital computations, monthly position, and counterparty reports and margin reports.
- Conduct monthly analytical review on legal entity income statement and balance sheet.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management reports, including Board meetings.
- Review and challenge balance sheet reconciliations.
- Develop and enhance existing processes.
- Design and implement world class control environment.
- Assist in all phases of the monthly and year-end closing and reporting functions, including:
- Analyse variances in income statement and balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Apply principles of accounting to analyse financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Assist in year-end audits and manage ad-hoc inquiries from external auditors.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual chief compliance officer report.
- Monitor, supervise, and ensure proper training of support staff.
- Assist the team with various ongoing audits (Internal, Regulatory, and External) by compiling requested information on a timely basis.
- Create, update, and maintain process documentation and procedures, reducing inefficiencies where applicable.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements under the SEC, FINRA, NFA, CFTC and other applicable exchanges.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- At all times complying with Marex’s Code of Conduct.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility.
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required.
- To escalate risk events immediately.
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
The Company may require you to carry out other duties from time to time
Competencies, Skills, & Experience:
- A collaborative team player, approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment.
- Detail-oriented with a strong commitment to preparing accurate work.
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take a high level of responsibility in a fast pace and high-volume environment.
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others.
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness.
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting/related field -OR- Master’s in Accounting, pls at least three years of experience in a Swaps Controller position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word in automating tasks and organizing data for analytical purposes with pivot tables and charts; advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Strong PeopleSoft general ledger skills.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Series 99 or 27 required
- Successful completion of the Swaps proficiency exam a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with this.
Salary Range: $150,000 to $180,000 per year plus discretionary bonus
Marex’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the employer of choice for prospective candidates. We encourage applications from candidates returning to the job market.
It is the policy of Marex to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.