Structured Products Sales Support Intern - Milan
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a major franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
Marex has unique access across markets with significant share globally both on and off exchange. The depth of knowledge amongst its teams and divisions provides its customers with clear advantage, and its technology-led service provides access to all major exchanges, order-flow management via screen, voice and DMA, plus award-winning data, insights and analytics.
The Solutions department has some of the most experienced teams in the world, specialising in the manufacture and distribution of customised derivative products on Equities, Commodities, Credit, FX, Funds, Fixed Income and Digital Assets. These products are distributed to customers through two specialist channels: Risk Management and Financial Products.
For more information visit www.marex.com
We are looking for an intern to join our Investment Solutions Sales Team in Milan, where you will immediately be part of the hustle and bustle of the sales desk. You will be assisting the Italian sales team with daily trade management, checking trade documentation in conjunction with the legal department, dealing with Borsa Italiana and preparing presentations while gaining skills in cross asset derivatives.
- Help sales book trades and prepare relevant documentation.
- Interface with Euronext Borsa Italiana, clearers and paying agents to help issue products.
- Develop automations to speed up product setup and reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements under the FCA and local regulation.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company
- determined parameters are complied with.
- At all times complying with the FCA’s Code of Conduct
- Carrying out regulatory activities under the Marex Financial and Marex Group trading books
- Liaising with clients in Switzerland and in the EU, especially Italy.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required
- To escalate risk events immediately
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
Skills and Experience
- VBA and Python coding experience.
- Italian and English language skills mandatory. French / German language skills are a plus.
- Basic knowledge of derivatives and financial markets.
- Some previous experience in a front office role in finance is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- A collaborative team player, that is approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
- Demonstrates curiosity and a willingness to change processes
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills under pressure
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Ability to take responsibility in a fast pace and high-volume environment
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
- Act with integrity
- Act with due skill, care and diligence
- Be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- Observe proper standard of market conduct
- Act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.