Ongoing Screening Team Lead
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
The Ongoing Screening Team Lead is responsible for coaching and motivating the Ongoing Screening team. They provide guidance and instructions to the team, organise the day-to-day activities, track progress, allocate resources and report, represent and advocate for the team to the Head of Financial Crime Compliance and MLRO.
• Undertakes a daily review of outputs from the firm’s name screening systems and organises the day-to-day activities of the team.
• Manages the ongoing screening mailbox, responds to internal and external queries, and ensures the ongoing screening escalations tracker is accurately populated.
• Assists team members in investigating and closing or escalating ongoing screening alerts relating to sanctions, PEPs or financial crime adverse information to relevant stakeholders.
• Ensures alerts are closed in line with agreed SLAs, avoiding or alerting the function to the potential of backlogs.
• Assists the team in reviewing, discounting or escalating alerts during periods of increased activity.
• Acts as a point of contact in relation to the operation of the name screening system.
• Produces the team relevant MI.
• Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements.
• Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
• Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
• At all times complying with the FCA’s Code of Conduct / Marex’s Code of Conduct.
• To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility.
• To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required.
• To escalate risk events immediately.
• To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
• A collaborative team player, approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
• Demonstrates curiosity
• Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
• Ability to take a high level of responsibility in a fast pace and high-volume environment
• Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
• Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
Skills and Experience
• Good understanding of financial crime and financial services and products.
• Good PC operating skills,
• Excellent understanding of screening systems including extracting and analysing data
• MS Excel skills essential.
• Organizational and time-management skills.
• Decision-making skills.
• Understanding of performance metrics.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with this.
If you’re forging a career in this area and are looking for your next step, get in touch!
Marex is fully committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. We will provide reasonable adjustments to remove any disadvantage to you being considered for this role. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company. We welcome applications from candidates returning to the workforce. Also, Marex is committed to avoiding circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you, please include it in your application.