Senior Market Risk Analyst
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
This role’s purpose is risk management, on an intraday and overnight basis, of Marex Spectron and it is to mitigate risk and protect the Company’s capital.
• Real time monitoring of client / firm positions, account balance and P&L to ensure adherence to pre-defined risk parameters.
• Proactive management of client / firm accounts in excess of pre-defined risk parameters or experiencing trading losses to bring within parameters and/ or protect the firm’s capital. Actions may include prompt communication with clients on risk parameters breached, escalation to senior management within Risk and the business.
• Daily reporting of key risk issues to both Risk and Business Management, including escalation where required.
• Daily risk analysis on client positions including VaR, Sensitivity Analysis & Stress Testing.
• Production of daily and periodic risk reports and distribution to relevant stakeholders.
• Margin & collateral adequacy analysis and margin requirement reconciliation between internal systems.
• Liquidity analysis of client / firm portfolios and of individual underlying positions in relation to market depth.
• Responsibility for daily procedures.
• Analysis and approval of Give-Ins, trade transfers and client payments.
• Responsible for ensuring adherence to risk policies & procedures at all times and escalation of potential issues.
• Delivering on allocated projects and system development items as well as proactively engaging on risk or control improvement ideas with the wider team.
• Responsible for managing, mentoring, and training direct reports.
• Ensuring London risk team is adequately staffed to cover various markets and global trading hours. Team members holiday management.
• To effectively communicate risk management principles to internal stakeholders and external clients/ counterparties. Escalate issues appropriately to direct manager.
Skills & Experience:
• A strong quantitative background gained in education and/ or in a professional setting with particular focus on options pricing & hedging as well as exposure to risk management concepts, particularly VaR, Sensitivities & Stress Testing. Candidates will be required to demonstrate understanding.
• A strong risk management background with experience of multiple asset classes and a proven interest in markets (exchanges).
• A good understanding of financial markets gained in a Brokerage or Banking institution from either the Risk Management or Trading sides. Experience of risk managing Exchange Traded Futures & Options.
• Composure, character and presence to work effectively in challenging market conditions to instil required level of authority on any situation.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all areas of the firm and communicate effectively across all levels.
• Understanding of pre and post-trade risk controls and their applications.
Other Skills & Experience:
• Good understanding of processes, controls and responsibilities associated with a Financial Markets business.
• Candidates with a strong programming skillset preferred (C+, SQL, Python, Matlab)
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, high level VBA skills within Excel.
• Relevant professional designation desirable.
If you’re forging a career in this area and are looking for your next step, get in touch!
Marex is fully committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. We will provide reasonable adjustments to remove any disadvantage to you being considered for this role. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company. We welcome applications from candidates returning to the workforce. Also, Marex is committed to avoiding circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you, please include it in your application.