Structured Products Operations Associate / Analyst
To provide front to back operational support to the Structured Product business and its customers.
Marex has unique access across markets with significant share globally both on and off exchange. The depth of knowledge amongst its teams and divisions provides its customers with clear advantage, and its technology-led service provides access to all major exchanges, order-flow management via screen, voice and DMA, plus award-winning data, insights and analytics.
Marex Solutions, a division of Marex, is a specialist producer of tailored OTC derivatives and structured products. We are a highly entrepreneurial and fast growing manufacturer, trader and service provider of customised derivative solutions. We design and implement solutions to mitigate against market risks or to create investment opportunities. We leverage cutting edge technology to empower our customers and disrupt traditional investment banking practices.
• A key member of the operations team providing comprehensive support to Hedging Solutions and Financial Products business of Marex Solutions front office and clients. Report and escalate issues timely to the Head of the team as well as relevant senior management of the Desk.
• Key point of control and support for APAC Sales & Trading. Daily BAU activities include, but not limited to, ensure accurate trade capture of Structured products in Risk Capture system, reconciling trade positions and cash flows, managing trade and notes lifecycles, sending trade confirmations and client statements, dealing with margin calls, paying agent, prime brokerage and settlements, as well as making sure all relevant trades are reported correctly to meet MiFID, EMIR and Dodd-Frank regulatory frameworks. It is a great opportunity to learn about structured products across all asset classes (commodity, FX, equity, interest rates, credit and cryptocurrency) and develop a good understanding of the entire operational flow and control for a complex business.
• Contributing to the establishment of new controls, enhancement and automation of existing reconciliation tools and processes
• Work closely and partner with finance, treasury, risk, audit and compliance departments
• Maintain detailed operating procedures for the team and train new joiners to ensure business continuity and minimise staff risk
The Company may require you to carry out other duties from time to time.
Competencies, Skills and Experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A collaborative team player, approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
• Demonstrates curiosity
• Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
• Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
• Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
Skills and Experience
• Adept across the MS Office suite (the ability to write macros/VBA and Python is highly desirable)
• Keen to work in a rapidly evolving and growing organisation and make your mark, highly committed
• Problem solving skills
• A meticulous eye for detail
• The ability to work effectively under pressure in a busy environment
• Experience working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with this.
Acting as a role model for the values of the Company:
Respect – Clients are at the heart of our business, with superior execution and superb client service the foundation of the firm. We respect our clients and always treat them fairly.
Integrity – Doing business the right way is the only way. We hold ourselves to a high ethical standard in everything we do – our clients expect this and we demand it of ourselves.
Collaborative – We work in teams – open and direct communication and the willingness to work hard and collaboratively are the basis for effective teamwork. Working well with others is necessary for us to succeed at what we do.
Developing our People – Our people are the basis of our competitive advantage. We look to “grow our own” and make Marex the place ambitious, hardworking, talented people choose to build their careers.
Adaptable and Nimble – Our size and flexibility is an advantage. We are big enough to support our client’s various needs, and adaptable and nimble enough to respond quickly to changing conditions or requirements. A non-bureaucratic, but well controlled environment fosters initiative as well as employee satisfaction.
• Act with integrity
• Act with due skill, care and diligence
• Be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators (where applicable)
• Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
• Observe proper standard of market conduct
• Act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers