Accounts Payable Specialist
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,900 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
Purpose of Role:
Marex is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist who reviews and processes invoices.
Marex has unique access across markets with significant share globally both on and off exchange. The depth of knowledge amongst its teams and divisions provides its customers with clear advantage, and its technology-led service provides access to all major exchanges, order-flow management via screen, voice and DMA, plus award-winning data, insights and analytics.
Accounts Payable rolls up into Finance as part of support to all departments, including front and back office.
- Prepare and process accounts payable invoices for payment including reviewing and matching invoices to paperwork and obtaining proper authorization in a timely manner.
- Verify the accuracy of invoices, ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained.
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve any discrepancies or issues.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date accounts payable records.
- Assist in preparing Fixed Asset Allocations, maintain tracking and depreciation.
- Prepare prepaid expense allocations.
- Assist in month-end and year-end financial closing procedures.
- Prepare and submit financial reports to management as required.
- Assist with other accounting tasks and special projects as needed.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements under the SEC, FINRA, NFA, CFTC and other applicable exchanges.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- At all times complying with Marex’s Code of Conduct.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role, or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility.
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required.
- To escalate risk events immediately.
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
The Company may require you to carry out other duties from time to time.
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrates curiosity
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
Skills and Experience
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Financial Service industry a plus
- Attention to detail
Salary Range: $33.65 to $38.46 per hour
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.