Clearing Operations Specialist
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
To manage and control all aspects of the operational Functions for the SGX clearing activity and provide assistance to Singapore control and support areas in relation to regional activities.
Description of Department
Clearing Operations for all SGX listed futures & options products.
- Ensuring all top day trades are allocated, cleared & accepted in a timely & efficient manner
- Configuration & maintenance of back office clearing static data
- Managing top day trade activity to reduce exchange intraday margin calls
- Perform daily trade and position reconciliations and maintaining accurate exchange open interest
- Monitoring and issuing clients with T+1 margin calls
- Reporting margin call status to management
- Establishing and maintaining contact with clients for control of margin payments
- Monitoring and reporting operational risks associated with the margin call processes
- Monitoring daily regulatory reporting submissions to exchange & regulators
- Assisting Treasury with exchange margin call payments
- Establishing and maintaining contact with internal departments including: IT, Credit & Risk, Clearing, Deliveries, Finance, Treasury and Compliance
- Working closely with IT & Trade Support groups, advising of system issues on a daily basis
- Assisting with mandatory exchange upgrades in association with software vendors & internal systems
- Efficient email management, including both personal & group mailboxes
The Company may require you to carry out other duties from time to time
Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Commerce/Business
- Work effectively under pressure in a busy environment
- Good communication skills within team & other business areas
- Punctual, Enthusiastic, Flexible, Helpful and Disciplined
Skills and Experience
- 5 Years+ experience within the listed futures and options industry
- 5 Years+ experience within an operations function
- SGX exchange process knowledge
- Ability to work independently and within a team