Internal Audit Manager
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
The Audit team is a global function with a presence in London and North America. The team consists of 20 individuals (i.e. 15 in London and four in Chicago and one in New York) With additional support sought from our co source partners as required.
Purpose of Role:
- Provides advice and influences change at a senior level to improve Marex Group corporate governance, risk management practice and internal control environment.
- Through the Senior Internal Audit Manager provides assurance to the Board, on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the Marex internal control environment.
- Support the delivery of the corporate priorities of Marex Group, as set out in the business plan.
- Increase internal and external confidence in the Marex Group business and brand.
- Provide value for money and other consultancy services as required through the Group Head of Internal Audit or Senior Internal Audit Management
- Supervise and lead Internal Audit activities to ensure quality assurance output
- Promote internal audit and Marex in general to the wider community through direct contact and external and internal interactions
- Provide input and support the development of the three year strategic internal audit plan to ensure coverage of key risks across all Marex entities and business areas, to provide the required level of assurance to the Board, senior management and other stakeholders.
- Plan and deliver the annual work programme for Marex with the Group Head of Audit and Senior Internal Audit Managers
- Influence senior management to take steps to increase the effectiveness of risk mitigation and improved control environment under their responsibility.
- Contribute to the development of Marex standards and procedures, reviewing the effectiveness of any internal assurance functions within the Marex Group .
- Creates, develops and implements audit policies and procedures for the review of key controls across various operating models both within the Group functions and overseas locations.
- Manage the development of staff as appropriate and ensure professional standards and key performance targets are met.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- At all times complying with the FCA’s Code of Conduct [UK only] /Marex’s Code of Conduct [non uk]
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required
- To escalate risk events immediately
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
Skills & Experienced Required:
- 7 to 10 years’ experience minimum* as an Audit practitioner in a complex financial services organisation(s) or Practice firm preferably with exposure to broking and commodities.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments and audits of a wide variety of complex financial systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of modern internal audit concepts and standards and their application to the financial services market.
- Exposure to creating, developing, and implementing audit strategies, policies and procedures.
- Exposure to internal audit or Compliance functions to provide a professional service.
- Experience in managing relationships and influencing change at a senior level.
- Proficient in information technology skills and carrying out audits of general IT controls.
- Exposure to and enthusiasm for working in financial markets.
- Experience of conducting Integrated reviews with IT and standalone business audits.
- Experience in leading Audit assignments (i.e. throughout the audit life cycle) and supervising staff as appropriate
- Experience working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with this.
- Interest in working internationally and willingness to travel (US, Singapore, HK, Canada)
Profession Qualification & Experience
- University Degree – Essential
- ACA Qualification or equivilant
- ACISI or equivalent – Essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborative team player, approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
- Demonstrates curiosity
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Ability to take a high level of responsibility in a fast pace and high-volume environment
- Escalates key issues and changing priorities to Senior Internal Audit Management as appropriate
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.
*Candidates outside of this range will also be considered