Head of FCM Operations
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a major franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,900 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
Purpose of Role:
To effectively manage the US Clearing team and the US Balancing & Control team for Marex Capital Markets Inc and other US Companies. As Marex grows into additional areas, such as a registered Swap Dealer, the role will grow.
Marex has unique access across markets with significant share globally both on and off exchange. The depth of knowledge amongst its teams and divisions provides its customers with clear advantage, and its technology-led service provides access to all major exchanges, order-flow management via screen, voice and DMA, plus award-winning data, insights, and analytics.
- Oversight of the day to day running of the F&O Clearing and Control teams
- Help establish the strategic initiatives and direction for the US Operations team(s)
- Advise on areas of Operational risk.
- Liaise with the support and control departments within the organisation.
- To prioritise workflow and manage staff accordingly.
- To liaise with and be aware of requirements of front office staff
- To report to US Head of Operations – Americas on matters regarding the effectiveness, staffing requirements and other non-day to day issues throughout the operations department
- To ensure that the department is sufficiently staffed at all times including controlling holiday requests.
- To maintain a good relationship throughout all front office & control & support departments
- To train staff in new and existing procedures where necessary
- To develop an environment where staff feel empowered to share their thoughts and ideas to promote the efficiency of the team.
- Manage the on-boarding of new exchanges & 3rd party brokers.
- Manage and maintain regulatory reporting requirements.
- Review and enhance processes to ensure business is processed efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure written procedures are in place and up to date for the team.
- To train and develop future managers & supervisors.
The Company may require you to carry out other duties from time to time.
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrates curiosity.
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take a high level of responsibility in a fast pace and high-volume environment.
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others.
- Process-driven and systematic mindset.
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience working within operational functions at financial institutions.
- Good experience of front to back trade processing
- Good knowledge of Global Markets required.
- In depth knowledge of the Regulatory Reporting requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational systems and requirements in financial markets
- Management and leadership experience
- Firm integrations
- Project management and execution
- Leading by example and demonstrating the values of the firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with this.
Marex’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the employer of choice for prospective candidates. We encourage applications from candidates returning to the job market.
It is the policy of Marex to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.