Senior Compliance Officer - Central Compliance
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a major franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
To support the Group Compliance Function and assist the Head of Central Compliance with the management of Compliance deliverables across the Central Compliance.
The role will include participation in the broader Group Compliance management initiatives, review and update of policies and procedures, delivery of training and implementation of controls.
- Oversee SM&CR framework for the firm’s regulated entities including managing internal policies and procedures.
- Assisting SMFs in maintaining and managing regulatory documentation, including Statements of Responsibilities, Fitness & Propriety assessments, SM Handover documentation, etc).
- Advising SMFs on Reasonable Steps and Development Plans.
- Working with Compliance Advisory teams, business, and HR to advise on regulatory registrations and learning and development requirements (e, g. SM&CR Certification, NFA registrations and exchange registrations).
- Assist with the management of Compliance deliverables across Central Compliance.
- Assisting with Compliance related projects to enhance and develop the overall Compliance Framework (policies and procedures) including all aspects of MiFID.
- Prepare and submit regulatory filings and individual and firm applications (i.e. SMF applications, Certification notifications, firm authorisations, variation of permission applications, etc)
- Identifying employee compliance training needs and managing the implementation.
- Monitoring of regulatory developments and managing responses to emerging trends and changes of regulatory rules.
- Inputting, as required, into the firm’s overall conduct framework and submitting conduct related regulatory returns.
- Manage the maintenance of departmental registers and schedules.
- Prepare briefing notes, presentations, and reports for senior stakeholders.
- Prepare function Management Information (MI).
- Supporting the Compliance Function in responding to ad-hoc requests.
Company Standard Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements under the FCA.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- At all times complying with the FCA’s Code of Conduct.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility.
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required.
- To escalate risk events immediately.
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
Skills and Experience
- Experience working in the areas mentioned above.
- Experience working at a regulated firm.
- Experience working in the areas mentioned above.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient written and oral skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn.
- Skilled at stakeholder management; ability to work closely with multiple internal stakeholders, able to build strong cooperative relationships at all levels.
- Initiative and commitment to excellence – actively and enthusiastically attempt to influence, seek opportunities to originate action, encourage and develop new ideas.
- Ability to think outside the box and provide creative solutions.
- Be able to multi-task, prioritize and work to deadlines in a pressurised environment.
- Strong conduct and culture lens with a focus on good customer outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A collaborative team player, approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
- Demonstrates curiosity
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Ability to take responsibility in a fast pace and high-volume environment
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
- Act with integrity
- Act with due skill, care and diligence
- Be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- Observe proper standard of market conduct
- Act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.