Static Data Lead
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a major franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
Marex Solutions is a division of Marex providing investment banking solutions with a fintech mindset. We aim to become the world’s leading manufacturer of cross asset, customised derivatives.
Supporting the key stakeholders within the Marex infrastructure, such as but not limited to, Trading, Sales, COO and Operations team, you will play a key role in helping to build and maintain the static data of key risk management systems, which houses a range of cross-asset products.
As a liaison between the Solutions business and Control and Support functions of the wider group, you will be one of the key contacts and owner of static data for Solutions. Working alongside key stakeholders in delivering projects related to static data management and rolling out new infrastructure, enabling the business to keep growing sustainably and integrating expansion opportunities when they arise.
As part of a team that is central to the business, you will be responsible for the following:
- Creation and monitoring of all aspects of static data management
- Design and standardisation of static data within the Solutions world, trying to optimise the maintenance of static data
- Ensuring the accurateness of static data used across the Solutions system landscape
- Monitor and carry out reference data instructions from incoming workflows in accordance with agreed SLAs
- Supporting the rollout of new features and products within the Solutions world, designing their representation to drive automation
Your role will require a varied skillset to be involved in, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for registering new users and data quality control across the system architecture
- Create, maintain and monitor the following areas of the static data universe:
- Underlyings (stocks, indices, etc) including index compositions
- Identifiers used across the different underlyings (ISINs, RICs, etc)
- Related and permitted Currencies, Places and Markets
- Management of Rating agencies, Classifications, Ratings
- Own the maintenance of the underlying services and the relevant calendar services
- Own the Ordinary / Extra-ordinary Dividend and Corporate Actions schedule maintenance.
- Monitor the creation of listed instruments within the Solutions infrastructure, including definition of listed instruments such as size of contract, managing expiries and applicable corporate actions.
- Managing daily and historical fixings, including maintenance of the fixings database
- Cross asset support covering a range of asset classes such as but not limited to Equity, Credit, Interest Rates, Commodities
- Centre of competence for any static data used within Solutions, deciding the most effective set up of golden sources and aiming to optimise the flow of static data within the Solutions infrastructure
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of any static data used within the Solutions infrastructure and therefore owning the controls which might need to be put in place and operated to do so. This role will work closely with the Solutions Operations team and the IT team to own the implementation and operation of any reconciliation required to be run by the Operations team to ensure accuracy
- Support regulatory initiatives/projects with the subject matter experts together with Legal and Compliance
- Ensure the business is conducted in accordance with local and general regulatory rules
- Ensure that compliance and other compulsory trainings are up to date
- Cooperate closely with support teams and the business to complete tasks and projects on schedule and clearly communicate progress
- Promote innovation and work on idea generation
- Ensuring effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes and proposing
- Helping to oversee daily operations and adjusting where necessary
Company Standard Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements under the FCA.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- At all times complying with the FCA’s Code of Conduct.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility.
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required.
- To escalate risk events immediately.
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
Skills and Experience
A successful candidate will have:
- A degree level qualification
- Demonstrable knowledge of Reference Data maintenance procedures for counterparty information
- Cross-asset (Equities, Credit, Interest Rates) experience would be beneficial
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to discuss ideas and concepts with stakeholders of all levels.
- Self-motivated, confident, and resilient – able to strive within a profitability driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- Intermediate / Advanced Excel skills including VBA and Python skills would be preferable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A collaborative team player, approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
- Demonstrates curiosity
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Ability to take responsibility in a fast pace and high-volume environment
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
- Act with integrity
- Act with due skill, care and diligence
- Be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- Observe proper standard of market conduct
- Act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.