Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a major franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,900 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
Purpose of Role:
Payroll Manager will be responsible for leading the payroll function for the Americas, inclusive of the US and Canada Responsible for the full end to end preparing, inputting and processing U.S. payroll, payroll vendor management for Canada, as well as with compliance for regulatory/tax authorities. Responsible for the team delivery of the payroll department including payroll accounting, benefits administration, reporting and year end processes.
Marex has unique access across markets with significant share globally both on and off exchange. The depth of knowledge amongst its teams and divisions provides its customers with clear advantage, and its technology-led service provides access to all major exchanges, order-flow management via screen, voice and DMA, plus award-winning data, insights and analytics.
- Responsible for the management of the payroll function and process improvement initiatives
- Utilize advanced features of ADP Workforce Now to optimize payroll processes, streamline workflows, and enhance data accuracy.
- Stay current on ADP system updates, enhancements, and best practices.
- Responsible for preparation of semi-monthly U.S. payroll reconciliation spreadsheets
- Manage input process of semi-monthly U.S. payroll changes and ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll transactions, including but not limited to new hires, terminations, benefits, and other payroll-related changes
- Collate payroll/benefits changes for the Canada payroll provider
- Manage and provide all necessary information to payroll providers in order to calculate and process payroll in multiple regions while ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and company policies
- Responsible for management and delivery of payroll accounting including reporting and year end processes
- Prepare and submit payroll-related tax filings and other compliance reports as required.
- Responsible for payroll tax remittance with the payroll provider, including setting up new state accounts
- Allocate and submit HR benefit invoices to Finance for appropriate processing
- Responsible for maintaining HR data records to properly record any pay related changes in the payroll system.
- Coordinate and communicate with various departments to obtain necessary payroll-related information.
- Collaborate with the finance and accounting teams to ensure accurate and timely recording of payroll transactions in the general ledger.
- Manage payroll function in relation to 401(k) benefit, including, but not limited to loans, NDT, and employer contributions
- Manage the process for garnishments, verifications of employment and unemployment claims
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditor
- Respond timely to employee payroll inquiries
- Stay abreast of federal, state, and local payroll tax regulations to ensure compliance.
- Assist the US HR department as needed
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements under the SEC, FINRA, NFA, CFTC and other applicable exchanges
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- At all times complying with Marex’s Code of Conduct
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required
- To escalate risk events immediately
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
The Company may require you to carry out other duties from time to time.
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
- Self-motivated and eager to jump in and help the team
- Analytical and strong communication skills required
- Engaging individual with the willingness to learn different products and different functions
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
Skills and Experience
- Direct experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Advanced MS Excel Skills
- 5-7 years of direct end to end payroll experience
- Experience either in a management role or management of the function
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Business or related field required
- Experience with both exempt and non-exempt employee populations
- Experience working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with this.
Marex’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the employer of choice for prospective candidates. We encourage applications from candidates returning to the job market.
It is the policy of Marex to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.