Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
The primary goal of the desk analyst is to ensure that the pricing environments of the markets in which the desk operates are well understood, instantly accessible and reliable, such that brokers can provide reliable advice and a superior level of service to clients.
- Real-time and continuous calibration of futures and options pricing models to mark to market and provide pricing/execution advice on all the derivatives contracts traded by the brokers and clients of the desk
- Accessing, managing and databasing data from various entities in the marketplace through various data feeds and frequently changing sources. Incorporating those data into in house models
- Collating and archiving of data
- Assist with all aspects of data sales
- Creating regular/ad hoc reports/analysis for clients and colleagues
- Building, improving, and maintaining a robust architecture of systems and models in order to ensure reliable business continuity and always increasing levels of efficiency for the desk
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience marking/developing option volatility surfaces
- Strong Excel skills including VBA
- Strong Python (or similar) skills
- GUI and app building capabilities
- Knowledge of working with API’s and databases
- Good understanding of mathematics to understand and work with derivative pricing mathematics
- An interest in derivatives markets
Marex is fully committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. We will provide reasonable adjustments to remove any disadvantage to you being considered for this role. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company. We welcome applications from candidates returning to the workforce. Also, Marex is committed to avoiding circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you, please include it in your application.