Capital Markets Advisory Compliance Officer
Marex is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the energy, commodities and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across four core services: Market Making, Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions and Agency and Execution. It has a major franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 50 million trades and clearing 205 million contracts in 2022. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 36 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,800 employees across Europe, Asia and America.
For more information visit www.marex.com
- Support the Head Capital Markets Compliance in ensuring the Marex Group adheres to and operates within its regulatory requirements, remains within stated Marex risk appetites, maintains good conduct, drives a strong culture and positive customer outcomes.
- Specific focus on delivering second line oversight of the Capital Markets Business activities across the Marex Group including Equities, Rates, FX, Credit, Financial Futures & Options and Listed derivatives by providing clear and timely regulatory advice, supporting business initiatives and promoting a compliance culture within the Marex Group.
- The role will include participation in the broader Group Compliance management initiatives, review and update of policies and procedures, delivery of training and implementation of controls.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with the relevant Marex business groups including regular documented catchups with key business stakeholders.
- Ensure the timely identification of regulatory change affecting the wider Marex businesses groups ensuring appropriate collaboration across all relevant Support Functions and the Business and assisting the Business with implementing the new regulation in a robust and controlled manner.
- Deliver ongoing compliance support to relevant business groups including the provision of advice on the application of global compliance policies, exchange rules and regulations.
- Identifying regulatory or reputational risks and escalating to management for resolution.
- Supporting compliance team members on the delivery of timely compliance reviews and approval of new Business specific initiatives such as new transaction structures, new jurisdictions, new systems, etc and complete (where relevant) Business Change Approval Ctte (‘BCAC’) compliance assessments.
- Working with Legal, Compliance colleagues and other support function staff across the region and in the other regions to advise on and to address any cross-jurisdictional compliance matters.
- Providing SME support to Compliance Assurance colleagues by participating in the annual Compliance Risk Assessment process, and execution of assurance activities as they relate to the business groups.
- Designing, driving and delivering specific desk based thematic reviews.
- Acting as a challenge and control function to the Business on compliance related matters including the Business owned Risk & Control Assessment.
- Participating in the development and delivery of annual regulatory training plan for the Business as well as ad hoc trainings, as needed.
- Providing Compliance input to control and regulatory incidents, Internal audits and reviews within the Business
- Act as the Compliance lead on listed derivative exchange related enquiries. Liaise with business groups to gather the relevant information and manage, investigate and draft responses to such exchange regulatory enquiries, including audit programmes.
- Performing the Compliance review of product/service related materials such as marketing materials, presentations and product brochures are in line with regulatory requirements
Company Standard Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements under the FCA.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- At all times complying with the FCA’s Code of Conduct.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility.
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required.
- To escalate risk events immediately.
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive compliance advisory experience from a bank, brokerage or listed derivative exchange
- Strong knowledge of Wholesale Financial Markets with specific focus on Equities, Rates, FX and Credit business lines
- Strong knowledge and understanding of regulatory frameworks.
- Experience in leading and liaising with Exchanges and Regulators an advantage
- Degree educated or equivalent and financial services industry qualifications preferable.
- Skilled at stakeholder management; ability to work closely with multiple internal stakeholders, able to build strong cooperative relationships at all levels.
- Initiative and commitment to excellence – actively and enthusiastically attempt to influence, seek opportunities to originate action, encourage and develop new ideas.
- Ability to think outside the box and provide creative solutions.
- Be able to multi-task, prioritize and work to deadlines in a pressurised environment.
- Strong conduct and culture lens with a focus on good customer outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A collaborative team player, approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
- Demonstrates curiosity
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Ability to take responsibility in a fast pace and high-volume environment
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
- Act with integrity
- Act with due skill, care and diligence
- Be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- Observe proper standard of market conduct
- Act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.