An opportunity to join a new and growing team in a fast-expanding region for a dynamic and exciting company. The right candidate will be able to develop the role into a key position driving change in the APAC region.
• Career pathway and progression with mentoring
• Work with a highly collaborative and high performing team
• Grow professionally and personally as you gain exposure to working with senior stakeholders
Description of Department
Marex has unique access across markets with significant share globally both on and off exchange. The depth of knowledge amongst its teams and divisions provides its customers with clear advantage, and its technology-led service provides access to all major exchanges, order-flow management via screen, voice and DMA, plus award-winning data, insights and analytics.
APAC Finance is a core part of the control and support organization at Marex and are the regional representatives of the wider Finance team. The Finance team is responsible for the accurate and appropriate management, monitoring and reporting of the financials for the group. Finance includes many sub-teams which cover specific areas including Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, forecasting and budgeting, AR/ AP, and financial audit.
Reporting to the Financial Controller – APAC, your responsibilities will include:
• Perform month end closing activities including journal entries, reconciliations, and reporting
• Perform periodic front-office pay-out calculations, review and distribution
• Business partnering with management, front-office business lines and HR
• Drives monthly budget vs actual performance analysis and preparation of management reports
• Review daily bank account reconciliations
• Preparation of annual Financial Statements
• Assist with regulatory and tax reporting
• Assist with internal and external audit
• Partner with cross functional teams in APAC and Global offices to provide financial advice to stakeholders for decision making
• Process/systems improvements
• Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements under the MAS
• Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
• Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
• At all times complying with Marex’s Code of Conduct
• To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility
• To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required
• To escalate risk events immediately
• To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
The Company may require you to carry out other duties from time to time
Competencies, Skills and Experience
• Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• CA/CPA/CGMA/or equivalent fully qualified
• Min 5 years experience in related role
• Experience within financial services highly regarded
• Advanced Excel, Powerpoint and other related software
• Experience with PeopleSoft accounting software highly regarded
• Excellent communication skills and senior stakeholder engagement experience
• Experience working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with this
Acting as a role model for the values of the Company:
Respect – Clients are at the heart of our business, with superior execution and superb client service the foundation of the firm. We respect our clients and always treat them fairly.
Integrity – Doing business the right way is the only way. We hold ourselves to a high ethical standard in everything we do – our clients expect this, and we demand it of ourselves.
Collaborative – We work in teams – open and direct communication and the willingness to work hard and collaboratively are the basis for effective teamwork. Working well with others is necessary for us to succeed at what we do.
Developing our People – Our people are the basis of our competitive advantage. We look to ‘grow our own’ and make Marex Spectron the place ambitious, hardworking, talented people choose to build their careers.
Adaptable and Nimble – Our size and flexibility is an advantage. We are big enough to support our client’s various needs, and adaptable and nimble enough to respond quickly to changing conditions or requirements. A non-bureaucratic, but well controlled environment fosters initiative as well as employee satisfaction.